Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When I use my hair straightener iron, I notice LOTS of hair in the sink?

When I straighten my hair with an iron, I have around 80-90 medium\small\large sized hairs fall into the sink by the time I am done. It is set to 200C. I am 16.


Is this normal?When I use my hair straightener iron, I notice LOTS of hair in the sink?
Its normal, but then again it depends on the type of straightener you are using, i would recommend using a ceramic flat iron its better for your hair. Also you should use a heat protect-ant mist to protect your hair from any more damage. It also depends on the shampoo %26amp; Conditioner you are using, i would also recommend not using panteen because that product puts a coating on your hair.When I use my hair straightener iron, I notice LOTS of hair in the sink?
it is damaging your hair. If you have dyed your hair or use scrunchies all the time or hair spray that slowly starts to give your hair split ends and slowly makes your hair start falling out. straightener can do the same thing its breaking your hair because your hair is brittle. start leaving your conditioner in your hair for 5minutes before rinsing it out everyday it will help make your hair strong again. and hold back on the chemicals you put in it. your hair is probably thin and that makes it worse. If you have to straighten your hair then use the lowest setting it has for less heat damage.
Yes, but to minimize this use a flat iron spray, comb your strand of hair before you run it through the iron and use a good conditioner.


Don't pull too hard when your running the iron through your hair.


Spray brush with the flat iron spray, comb through strand and quckly and gently run the iron through the strand.


Your still going to see some hair, but not as much.
it's normal.. when you straighten your hair, your taking moisture out of it causing it to be weak, and die even though hair is already dead, you know what i mean. you might want to try putting some product in it before you straighten it like Moroccan oil (it's expensive in salons but i bet you could buy it off ebay cheap or something) but the **** is bomb!
it is normal to lose hair during the day....but that sounds to me like breakage..maybe due to inadequate conditioning..over coloring/highlighting, too much heat on the hair...dont forget when you blowdry that is also heat on your hair...it dries it out and breaks off...try and good salon shampoo and conditioner and some monthly conditioning treatments...these will help adequatley moisturize your hair...lay off the heat as much as possible
idk how anyone can say thats normal, its really unhealthy and bad for your hair. being 16 like you, try using tresemme heat protecter and nourishing your hair back to health. minimize the straightening because heat causes stress on your hair, tons and tons of stress. also try tresemme anti breakage shampoo/ conditioner. it should help with the falling out of the hair
Try using a heat protector on your hair. Put it in before you use any heated tool. Also try deep conditioning your hair.


To deep condition your hair you...


Get your hair wet, towl dry it, then put a ton of conditioner in.


Then get a dry towl and get it super HOT then ring it out and wrap your hair up in it. Then your hair will become stronger and healthier. Hope I helped:)
I'm pretty sure hair comes out on a regular basis. But not that much, it could possibly be the heat burning it off. You should try putting something in your hair before you straighten it to protect your hair from being burned.
yea because it always happens to me.


but if anything just put the temp lower and don't straighten it as much, if its a lot a lot a lot of hair.





Hope I Helped! : )
im 15 i put mine to like 200 supper hot that happens to me tooo its normallll :]


it willl grow back no biggie
it's normal, it happens to me too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment